8/14/09

excerps from the miserable life

this week i had my birthday.

i hate birthdays, not because of this stupid fear of getting old but the significance of earth's movement around the sun escapes me.

i hated till last year, i came home exactly on my birthday. i tried to spend time with friends but it didn't work. i knew "home" wasn't home anymore. the life of a scientist, is the life of a heimatlos. who we have are each other, and i truly appreciate it, after seeing people leaving one by one.

i feel i came to the absolute climax of my phd experience. the closest i am to people, the most fun i had with my work, the most relaxed i am in heidelberg.
and unfortunately everything will be downhill from now on.

from now on the job search, the thesis stress and separation from true comrades one by one start.

it is the middle thesis crisis.

i am happy and sad at the same time.

no i truly appreciate the friends i made here, how many nice people surround me.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, dude, "i hate birthdays, not because of this stupid fear of getting old but the significance of earth's movement around the sun escapes me.", that's the spirit! :)

    ReplyDelete